Business and employment is one of 8 topics we have researched to provide evidence in support of our Neighbourhood Plan.
- Identified local businesses and employers and explored the future expansion plans for the Eureka Business Park.
- Identified existing local issues relating to business and employment.
- Scoped out what evidence is already available.
- Found out about any existing plans, strategies and programmes and their relationship to employment and the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Identified any gaps in the evidence base and consider whether any further research needs to be undertaken or reports commissioned.
- Identified local key players on this topic to engage in the Neighbourhood Planning process.
Based on consultation and our research, we came up with the following draft objective for the Neighbourhood Plan.
To support existing local business development in our parish including support for start-up businesses.
Here are the findings from our research to date.
- Kent County Council Area Profiles (Census data)
- Ashford Borough Council Business Directory
- Ashford Borough Council Employment Land Review
Let us know your views
If we have missed something important or got something wrong, please let us know. Add a comment in the box below or email the report author. Our aim is to create a strong evidence base to underpin the final Neighbourhood Plan document.
If you think there is a particular issue the Steering Group should be examining under this topic, then please add it in the Comment box below.
Join our team
If you have a particular interest in this or one of the other topics and would like to help us, we would love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com.