Environment is one of 8 topics we are researching to provide evidence in support of our Neighbourhood Plan.
- Researched the topic, identified land ownership, conservation areas etc.
- Identified any existing local issues relating to the environment. For example, rural areas of the parish considered to be at risk of urban sprawl.
- Scoped what evidence is already available.
- Found out about any existing plans, strategies and programmes and their relationship to the environment and the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Identified any gaps in the evidence base and considered whether any further research needs to be undertaken or reports commissioned.
- Identified any local key players on this topic to engage in the Neighbourhood Planning process.
Based on our research, we have come up with the following draft objectives for the Neighbourhood Plan.
To preserve the rural character of our parish by preventing urban sprawl.
To conserve and enhance our rural and historic environment and preserve our important green spaces.
To promote healthy living by making the most of our countryside.
Here are the findings from our research which led us to come up with the draft objective.
Environment Evidence Paper
Let us know your views
If we have missed something important or got something wrong, please let us know. Add a comment in the box below or email the report author. Our aim is to create a strong evidence base to underpin the final Neighbourhood Plan document.
Other useful sources of information on the environment include:
- Ashford Borough Council Landscape Character Supplementary Planning Document (April 2011)
- Ashford Borough Council Landscape Character Study
- Kent Downs AONB Management Plan
- Ashford Borough Council interactive Planning Information Map (shows AONB, SSSIs, Flood Zones, Nature Reserves)
- Kent Wildlife Trust
- AS27 River Great Stour Ashford to Fordwich 2006 citation
- AS27 River Great Stour Ashford to Fordwich overview map
- AS58 Tile Lodge Wood, Eastwell 2006 citation
- AS58 Tile Lodge Wood, Eastwell map
Join our team
If you have a particular interest in this or one of the other topics and would like to help us, we would love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.