Heritage is one of 8 topics we have researched to provide evidence in support of our Neighbourhood Plan.
To investigate this topic, we have:
- Researched local heritage assets which need to be protected and preserved for future generations.
- Identified any existing local issues relating to the heritage assets in our area.
- Scoped out what evidence is already available.
- Found out about any existing plans, strategies and programmes and their relationship to Heritage and the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Identified any gaps in the evidence base and consider whether any further research needs to be undertaken or reports commissioned.
- Identified local key players on this topic to engage in the Neighbourhood Planning process.
Based on our consultation and research, we have come up with the following objectives for the Neighbourhood Plan.
To conserve and enhance the heritage of our parish, including the Boughton Lees Conservation Area.
To ensure high quality design in all forms of development which responds to the distinctive landscape, heritage and character of the parish.
- Parish Design Statement 2003 and supporting documents produced by Historical Working Group
- National Heritage List for England (listed buildings, scheduled monuments etc)
- Ashford Borough Council Tree Preservation Orders
- Ashford Borough Council interactive Planning Information Map (shows Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas, Historic Parks & Gardens, Archaeology, Ancient Monuments, Tree Preservation Orders )
Let us know your views
If we have missed something or got something wrong, please let us know. Add a comment in the box below or email the report author. Our aim is to create a strong evidence base to underpin the final Neighbourhood Plan document.