Housing is one of 8 topics we are researching to provide evidence in support of our Neighbourhood Plan.
- Researched local housing and the built environment. For example, the characteristics of the existing local housing stock, the size and characteristics of existing households as well as future housing requirements and needs.
- Identified any existing local issues relating to housing.
- Scoped out what evidence is already available. For example, the Parish Design Statement.
- Found out about existing plans, strategies and programmes and their relationship to housing and the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Identified any gaps in the evidence base and consider whether any further research needs to be undertaken or reports commissioned.
- Identified any local key players on this topic to engage in the Neighbourhood Planning process.
To preserve the rural character of our parish by preventing urban sprawl.
To support high quality design and innovation in all forms of development which will contribute to the safety and well-being of all residents.
To ensure that future development at Eureka Park is sustainable, of high quality built design and maintains the parkland setting to successfully interweave business and residential development.
Here are the findings of our research on this topic to date.
- Parish Design Statement 2003
- Boughton Aluph and Eastwell Housing Needs Survey May 2015
- Kent County Council Area Profiles
- Kent County Council 2011 Census Parish Population
- Ashford Borough Council Conservation Area Appraisal
- Ashford Borough Council interactive Planning Information Map (shows Conservation Areas, AONB)
- Land Registry
Let us know your views
If we have missed something important or got something wrong, please let us know. Add a comment in the box below or email the report author. Our aim is to create a strong evidence base to underpin the final Neighbourhood Plan document.
Join our team
If you have a particular interest in this or one of the other topics and would like to help us, we would love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.