A Neighbourhood Plan can allocate a site or sites for development to meet an identified local housing need.
We are required to assess the potential sites for housing development in our parish. These are the sites put forward by landowners in response to a “call for sites” for Ashford Borough Council’s Local Plan 2030 which are not included in the Local Plan but feature on the Council’s list of “housing sites remaining for land supply or for other uses”. We also held our own “call for sites” as part of the Neighbourhood Plan Survey.
Click on the site name to find out more. You can also read copies of our site assessment reports and decisions taken by the Parish Council on land allocation in our Neighbourhood Plan.
- Braehead, Sandyhurst Lane
- Former Sandpit, Sandyhurst Lane
- Lenacre Hall Farm, Sandyhurst Lane
- Land adjacent to Gardener’s House, Boughton Lees
- Rook Toll, Faversham Road, Boughton Lees
- Wye Road, Kempes Corner, Boughton Aluph
- Land adjacent to Aluph House, Pilgrims Way, Boughton Aluph
We have assessed each of the sites using Ashford Borough Council’s standard sustainability criteria plus supplementary “local criteria” developed from the results of the Neighbourhood Plan Survey. The local criteria are:
- Would the development of the site impact the existing rural/urban boundary in the designated area?
- Could development of the site respond effectively to the scale, character and quality of landscape/streetscapes and local settlement patterns?
- Does the local road network have capacity to provide for the site?
We wrote to the 7 landowners or their agents in August 2016 to obtain permission for a site visit. We are grateful for their cooperation.
See a copy of the site assessment form. Our site assessments will be published as an annex to our Neighbourhood Plan.