Below are the Terms of Reference for the Boughton Aluph and Eastwell Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group.
To oversee the production of a formally adopted Neighbourhood Plan for Boughton Aluph, Eastwell and Goat Lees based on the views of local people.
The production of the Neighbourhood Plan is the responsibility of the Boughton Aluph and Eastwell Parish Council.
Ownership of the Neighbourhood Plan
Once adopted through Referendum the ownership of the Neighbourhood Plan rests with the community and Ashford Borough Council Planning Authority.
Membership of the Steering Group
The Parish Council has appointed a Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group comprising 9 members who are all residents of the parish representing the communities of Boughton Aluph, Eastwell and Goat Lees. The Steering Group is accountable to the Parish Council.
The Chair of the Steering Group is appointed by the Parish Council. The Chair of the Steering Group will report monthly to the Parish Council. Additional members may be co-opted to the Steering Group from time to time.
Professional consultants with experience of the development of Neighbourhood Plans have been appointed by Parish Council to support the development of the Neighbourhood Plan. The role of consultants is advisory to help on planning matters including assisting with the drafting of the Neighbourhood Plan policies to ensure compliance with national and local planning policies.
- Meetings will be held every 4-6 weeks or more frequently if the workload demands.
- Meeting dates will be published on the Neighbourhood Plan website.
- Where information / input is sought by the Steering Group, members of the community with particular knowledge or skills may be asked to attend a meeting.
- A meeting agenda will be circulated at least 3 days in advance of a meeting.
- The Steering Group has delegated authority from the Parish Council to take decisions in respect of the Neighbourhood Plan. Where a decision may have material implications for the project it will be referred to the Parish Council.
- A member of the Parish Council will sit on the Steering Group with delegated powers to authorise financial decisions.
- In addition to meetings, some items may be circulated, discussed and agreed by email.
- Decisions taken by the Steering Group will be by majority consensus. Should circumstances arise where a matter cannot be agreed, it will be referred to the Parish Council.
Minutes will taken of key decisions and actions agreed at meetings. These will normally be circulated to all Steering Group members by email within 7 working days of the date of the meeting. Meeting minutes will normally be posted on the website within 7 working days of the minutes being approved.
The budget for the Neighbourhood Plan has been set by the Parish Council. Actual expenditure will be monitored against budget by the Parish Clerk. Where an unbudgeted cost is considered this will be approved by the Parish Council member on the Project Steering Group through their delegated powers. Where necessary they may clear the expenditure with the Parish Council through conference call as opposed to waiting for the next Parish Council meeting.
Every effort will be made to secure the involvement, support and input of parish residents at every stage of the project. Participation will be primarily through events, workshops, surveys and questionnaires and other consultation. A website will promote the Neighbourhood Plan and host key documents. Social media will be used to promote the project.
The Steering Group will use best endeavours to respond to enquiries within 3 working days. A Frequently Asked Questions page will be maintained on the website to capture questions raised and the responses given.
This document may be revised from time to time by agreement and approval of the Parish Council.
Document Version: 0.4, Dated April 2016