Traffic and Transport is one of 8 topics we are researching to provide evidence in support of our Neighbourhood Plan.
- Researched traffic and transport in the parish.
- Identified any existing local issues or concerns and consider the impact of future development on our road infrastructure.
- Scoped out what evidence is already available. For example, the Traffic Survey report commissioned by the Parish Council in April 2014.
- Found out about any existing plans, strategies and programmes and their relationship to Traffic and Transport and the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Identified any gaps in the evidence base and consider whether any further research needs to be undertaken or reports commissioned.
- Identified any local key players on this topic to engage in the Neighbourhood Planning process.
Based on our consultation and research, we have come up with the following draft objective for the Neighbourhood Plan.
To work with Kent County Council Highways to improve road safety and ease traffic congestion.
Here are the findings from our research which led us to come up with the draft objective.
Respondents to the Neighbourhood Plan survey flagged a total of 9,030 specific traffic concerns on different roads in our parish, an average of 19 per respondent.
- Boughton Aluph and Eastwell Parish Council Highway Feasibility Study by DHA Transport consultants, April 2014
- Results of Community Consultation on Traffic Management by CSC Regeneration, 2014
- Map showing average daytime noise levels from M20 motorway and busy A roads in our parish provided by the Campaign to Protect Rural England
- KCC Roads and Travel
- Ashford Borough Council Parking Consultation 2014 (Goat Lees)
Let us know your views
If we have missed something important or got something wrong, please let us know. Add a comment in the box below or email the report author. Our aim is to create a strong evidence base to underpin the final Neighbourhood Plan document.
Join our team
If you have a particular interest in this or one of the other topics and would like to help us, we would love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com.