Help inspire, inform and shape change – join our team!
Preparing a Neighbourhood Plan is a significant piece of work. We have made a good start but we will need more volunteers to help get us across the finishing line. We want to draw on the wealth of talent out there in our community. Whether you are able to give a little or lot of your spare time, please get in touch. We’d love to have you on our team.
There will be a wide range of different roles and activities to get involved in. Some may run over the life of the project, others may be one-off pieces of work taking just a few hours, days or weeks. Whatever skills you have or free time you can give, there will be way for you to help. It will also be good way to meet new people and make new friends.
Here’s how you can get involved
Here are just a few examples of how you might help.
- Get out and about. Join a network of volunteers delivering mailings to homes on your street.
- Lend a hand. Help us to set up and run local consultation events, workshops or feedback sessions.
- Inspire and inform. Write short articles for our newsletter, the parish magazine or this website.
- Lead the way. Become a local volunteer coordinator to make sure we are making the most the skills and talent of our volunteers and to keep motivation high.
- Share your knowledge and expertise. What’s your passion? Housing? Heritage? Environment? Something else? Help us to carry out research and evidence gathering on a particular local issue or topic. Find out more here.
- Spread the word….with cake. Run a mobile tea room and get out and about around the parish for tea, cake and chats!
- Show your artistic talent. We would welcome any local artists or photographers who might be able to provide us with images for our website, newsletters and the final Neighbourhood Plan document. Likewise, if there are any budding amateur film makers out there, we would love to hear from you.
Feeling inspired? Then, please get in touch.