Business and employment is one of 8 topics we have researched to provide evidence in support of our Neighbourhood Plan.
To investigate this topic, we have:
- Identified local businesses and employers and explored the future expansion plans for the Eureka Business Park.
- Identified existing local issues relating to business and employment.
- Scoped out what evidence is already available.
- Found out about any existing plans, strategies and programmes and their relationship to employment and the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Identified any gaps in the evidence base and consider whether any further research needs to be undertaken or reports commissioned.
- Identified local key players on this topic to engage in the Neighbourhood Planning process.
Based on consultation and our research, we came up with the following objectives for the Neighbourhood Plan.
To ensure that future development at Eureka Park maintains the parkland setting and successfully integrates business and residential development.
To ensure sufficient infrastructure and local services are provided to serve the needs of parish residents, including new provision in association with new development.
- Kent County Council Area Profiles (Census data)
- Ashford Borough Council Business Directory
- Ashford Borough Council Employment Land Review